Why not to get the cast of our Spring 2019 season throught their favourite music? We asked our cast for their all-time favourites playlists.
This week we’re listening to music selected by Idomeneo himself: tenor Christopher Turner.
1. “Se di lauri il crine adorno” (Mitridate) – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, sung by Bruce Ford
Sadly, this recording is not on Spotify. Listen here: https://youtu.be/wx4HUnVW14E
2. Depuis le jour – Gustave Charpentier, sung by Renée Fleming
3. Love in Her Eyes Sits Playing – George Frederick Handel, Anthony Rolfe-Johnson
4. Ständchen – Franz Schubert, sung by Fritz Winderlich
5. I’ll Never Love Again – Lady Gaga
6. Dear Evan Hansen – For Forever
7. Das Wohltemperierte Klavier – Andràs Schiff
8. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
9. A Million Dreams – Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
Christopher Turner read Music at the University of Hull before studying with Barabara Robotham at RNCM and at National Opera Studio. He made his professional debut in Die Fledermaus (Scottish Opera) before joining the Young Artists Programme (ENO) where his roles included: Robert Wilson Doctor Atomic, First Armed Man/First Priest The Magic Flute, Beppe Pagliacci, Simpleton Boris Godunov. Since leaving ENO, he has sung many leading roles in the UK and Europe. Recent performances and recordings include: Augusto Zazà, Giuliano Rodrigo in Florence, Rodolfo La bohème, Alfredo La traviata, Lensky Eugene Onegin (Scottish Opera). In Autumn 2018 he performed Pollione Norma. Further roles include Oronte Alcina, Lippo Street Scene, Toante Issipile, and Idomeneo Idomeneo (ETO). Currently Vocal Professor at Birmingham Conservatoire.