Why not get to know the cast on our Spring 2019 season through their favourite music? We asked our cast for their all-time favourite playlists.
This week we present Paula Sides’s favourite tracks. Paula is an American soprano who is singing the role of Elettra in ETO’s Spring ’19 production of Mozart’s Idomeneo.
1. Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees
2. Thais: Méditation – Jules Massenet
3. Dream – The Pied Pipers
4. Georgia On My Mind – New York Jazz Lounge
5. River Man – Nick Drake
6. Mad About The Boy – Dinah Washington
7. Peach Trees – Rufus Wainwright
8. Ottone: ‘Vieni, oh figlio’ – George Frideric Handel
9. Goldberg Variations – Johann Sebastian Bach
10. La Zaide, Rondeau – Joseph-Nicolas-Pancrace Royer
Recently applauded for her performance of Tosca with ETO, Paula Sides was awarded the Tagor Gold Medal from the Royal College of the Music and was the winner of the Karavoitis Prize in Les Azuriales International Singing Competition. In 2018
operatic performances included the title role of Thais (Chelsea Opera Group), receiving critical acclaim, Cunegonde (Iford Opera) and Sombra The Arcadians (Opera Della Luna). This year on the concert platform performances include Mahler 8, Britten’s War Requiem, Rutter’s Requiem, Vaughan Williams’s Dona Nobis Pacem, and the 9th Symphonies of both Beethoven and Dvorak. Upcoming engagements include Donna Anna Don Giovanni (Longborough Opera Summer 2019)
Discover more: englishtouringopera.org.uk